China Sourcing agent: Finding the right Chinese manufacturer
While looking for the right manufacturer in China one can encounter many difficult challenges.
Top 6 problems with finding the right manufacturer in China:
- The potential factory seems like everything you’ve been looking for but no-one is answering your e-mails and phone calls;
- The variety of Chinese manufacturers is overwhelming and you can’t choose which one has the best offer;
- It seems like no-one is producing items you need;
- You’ve been working with a Chinese factory but are not satisfied with the level of quality, breaches of agreements and/or lead time. Driving you to look for better prices and terms;
- You are not sure if the manufacturing company you found online really exists and are concerned about your deposit;
- You think that it might be a trading company rather than a factory and you want to avoid overpaying.
There are so many headaches while organizing your trading business in China, especially when business is conducted from abroad. One of many is undoubtedly the communication problem, then the lack of information in English online, in addition to little known frauds, or perhaps just the simple, yet perilous challenge of approaching and collaborating with those holding strikingly different mentalities.
The reasons why it is better to work through the professional sourcing agent:
Like many, I strongly believe that while conducting business with the Chinese it’s better to work through a professional sourcing agent. Not only is it much easier and stress-free, it guarantees you won’t get scammed by non-existent factories, in addition to getting you much lower prices on much better terms.
It offers an easier, smoother process with considerably lower stress levels; moreover, it not only guarantees that you won’t get scammed by non-existent factories, but also nets you much lower prices on much better terms.
Alibaba only represents ¼ of all producing companies out here, can you imagine the number of the manufacturers you’ll miss out on by failing to gain access to the local networks opened up by a well-established sourcing agent?
In Chinese culture it’s considered important to work with someone that one has met in person; and doing so pays dividends in business. When you authorize a sourcing agent to visit a factory, audit its production capacities and lower down the prices on your behalf, there is a face to your business, and you will be considered a serious client with whom they can work. However, choosing to conduct all business online, they do not see their client, or feel accountability towards them, which can put you at a disadvantage.
I always check all charter documents (the business licenses, tax licenses with the latest audit stamp, organization code certificates and the ID cards of shareholders) as well as contacting the local Chamber of Commerce and Industry and pursuing thorough online research through all available resources in the Chinese segment of internet; only then will I personally visit the factory.
Allow me to help you find you the most reliable Chinese manufacturer, negotiate the lowest possible prices and ensure the quality of your product is impeccable and delivered to you on time.